Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I've missed you...

I go in for the "Roto Rooter" Sinus Surgery this Friday and I have never been more excited for surgery. I feel this way for a couple of reasons...

1) I have been having sinus problems/feverish/achy/in pain on and off (mainly on) for the past year. The thought of having my sinuses cleared out actually sounds heavenly and I am feeling like I am kind of lucky to be able to have a go at relief.

2) I get to SLEEP and take prescribed PAIN MEDICATION for a couple of days. I have to rest and recover. Don't get me wrong, I know that I will be in some pain and discomfort. But being FORCED to rest is just what I need.

3) The last time I was in the hospital was to push a watermelon sized baby out of my you know where. "Recovery" included nursing every couple of hours, not sleeping, getting screamed at (by my dear Finny) and getting back to work as a mom. This seems gloriously different and I'm down right hopeful!

Sleep, glorious sleep. Oh how I have missed you, my dear friend.

** Disclaimer: I KNOW that there are moms out there in need of WAY more sleep than me. I am friends with these hard working women. Many of them have more children and have jobs too. I love them and know how lucky I am to be sleeping through the night right now. I am not whining about being tired. I am excited to get to sleep! :)

No comments: