Saturday, February 2, 2008

8 Things...

OK... Here is where the peer pressure comes in. My friend finally convinced my to start a blog and start it out with this list of 8 things. Here I go!

8 things I'm passionate about:
1. Jesus
2. Jesse
3. My boys
4. Being a mom
5. My family
6. My friends
7. Re-examining my life
8. Justice for Women and Children

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. See my kids grow up (and for them to like me someday)
2. Be a grandma
3. Travel the world with my husband
4. Raise kids who love Jesus and the world
5. Be considered a modern day abolitionist
6. Dance again
7. Be happy with who I am no matter how I look
8. Live abroad for a while

8 things I say often:
1. Liam Butterworth
2. Hon
3. Totally
4. I love you, Bubbas
5. I'm gonna count to three
6. 1....2....3... Ok - head in for a time out
7. Please stop touching my boobs (directed towards my husband - not the kids)
8. Will you rub my feet or my back or anything?

8 TV shows you recently watched
1. LOST
2. Heroes (Seasons 1 & 2)
3. 30 Rock (over and over and over again) - "Gimme your fingernails!"
4. Scooby Doo (lots of Scooby Doo)
5. 24 (every season of it over a couple of months)
6. The Office (going through the BBC version again)
7. Extras
8. Curb Your Enthusiasm

8 Artists I never tire of listening to:
1. Fleetwood Mac
2. Stevie Nicks
3. Sara Groves
4. Damien Rice
5. Bonnie Raitt
6. Annie Lennox
7. Sarah McLachlan
8. The Once Soundtrack

8 things that attract me to my friends:
1. A mildly dirty sense of humor
2. Someone who laughs at my jokes
3. Ability to laugh at their own weaknesses
4. Someone who likes my kids
5. Someone kind - but not a people pleaser
6. Supportive yet challenging
7. Common Interests
8. Socially aware

8 Things I learned in 2007:
1. I could have a baby naturally (and after my 1st was a c-section)
2. I am stronger than I thought
3. I love my husband more every year
4. I can operate on very little sleep
5. I love my two little boys more deeply than I ever imagined possible
6. Having two children can make a girl feel a wee bit crazy
7. My husband thinks that I am amazing
8. I don't need so much stuff

2 comments:

neely said...

NICE...I am adding you to my list of blogs I read!!
I really like the ONCE soundtrack too.

marisabutterworth said...

Thanks. I am feeling a little nervous about this. :)