Sunday, February 3, 2008

Awake Women's Event

I am really excited about the Awake Women's Event on April 11th and 12th at Overlake Christian Church. I am not a women's retreat type of person and haven't felt like the stereotypical women's retreat ever really met me where I am. I am excited about this event because I think that it is going to have a real and true impact on the women of my church. We are going to have great speakers, be able to hang out, chat and eat a beautiful meal (no box lunches) in a beautiful room, worship, and feel empowered and emboldened in our lives! So often it is about what men can and are accomplishing - it is nice to be reminded of what women have done and what we can do no matter our circumstances or how much time we have at the end of the day... I am excited to be able to take the time to do something for myself!! Stay tuned for more details!

No comments: