Thursday, February 7, 2008

Saints Coffee


Here is a great way to feel good about buying coffee! If you read my Starbucks blog from a few days ago, you know that I am having a bit of a problem with Starbucks and their business ethics. That prompted me to do a little bit of research on Fair Trade and how the coffee industry gives back. In some cases they do give back to the farmers and families that produce their beans and it seems that in most cases, they don't do much.

My friend Neely blogged about a coffee company that she found online called Saints Coffee. For every bag of coffee you buy, it feeds an orphan for a month! Their beans are certified organic as well as Fair Trade certified and are advertised as being of the highest quality. The coffee runs about $11 for 16 oz. of coffee (not the typical 12oz. usually sold) plus shipping. That seemed a little steep since I have been buying big bags of Starbucks at Costco and I don't even know if it's any good so I have been hesitant to buy a bag.

Well, today I bought two pounds of Joan of Arc Blend (Decaf)! I bought two bags to save on shipping since it wasn't anything extra for the second bag. I will admit to my three readers that I have a full bag of Starbucks here at home and I intend of using the rest of it. It just seems like such a waste if I don't! But I cannot rant and rave about Starbucks and keep spending a lot of money there!

Go to the Saints Coffee website to read about what they do. It is pretty cool and it might inspire you to try a bag. I will let you know if it is any good...

1 comment:

neely said...

I am excited to try it...I went to Sbux today and didn't even think about it. It's going to be hard to break that habit!