Saturday, April 26, 2008

Jesse's 1st 5K Today

I am a very proud wife today. My husband ran his very first 5K this morning in Redmond, WA. I am fairly sure that 5K is 3.1 miles. As he ran by us and through the finish line, I found myself getting very choked up. After his accident and leg/ankle surgery, we didn't ever think that he would run or do anything else high impact again. But, his leg miraculously has healed over the last 4+ years and he looked great running by us. Liam was screaming "Dada! Go Dada!" He has also been telling people that his Dada won the race today. He is very proud. Finn started crying when Jesse walked up but I think that is his little way of showing that he cares... Jesse doesn't think that he looks like a runner but I really thought that it was beautiful.

I meant to take a picture of him running by us but of course forgot my camera. We took a picture of him with Liam and Finn and his number instead.

Congrats Jesse! I am SO proud of you!

3 comments:

Jodie Howerton said...

SO cute! Great job, Jesse! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

I would have been a sobbing baby too! I'm such a wuss and cry at the drop of a hat. Good job Jesse! Cute picture of your boys! xoxo

neely said...

on the road to the marathon...better he than me!