Sunday, April 20, 2008

What I Will and Won't Do For Love...



Over the years I have been in the support role a number of times. I kind of reside their on a regular basis these days... My husband has once again asked for my support in his latest and possibly most difficult endeavor. He hasn't been spreading it around, but he has started training for a marathon (or at least a half marathon).

A marathon... he has asked me to join him in training and running but I have turned him down. I am not and have never been a runner. In the best of shape, it hurts all of my joints and I am really not in the best of shape these days. I have never been one of those people that has "running a marathon" on their list of things to do. I will support him by cheering him on along the way.

After seeing a doctor recently and having his formally bad ankle/leg checked out, Jesse was advised to lose some weight before training too hard to avoid injury. The doctor suggested the South Beach Diet as a way to kick start his metabolism. The doctor also told him that I will need to do it with him though so that he can stick to it. So... despite the fact that I am nursing, I am going to do the diet. I am almost done nursing Finn and the doctor said that my milk supply should be fine as long as I continue taking a daily prenatal vitamin.

I spent an hour preparing food for my husband to take to work with him tomorrow. Nice how that works. He has now been informed that he will be taking an active role in our food preparation. This whole thing should be interesting!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh boy! Can't wait to hear your updates. You were very patient tonight with food preparations! Good job. We'll see how THAT lasts too! Keep up the good, supporting job!

Jodie Howerton said...

You GO, girl! I really like this one recipe from South Beach...Pistacchio crusted chicken salad with avocado dressing...Yummmmm

mandy schutt said...

Maris-
I was on the SB Diet for a long time. It worked well for me and I had great results, it also taught me a lot of good eating habits. I'd avoid the fake mashed potatoes, but liked almost all the other recipes. A little warning...I did it a few years back before I knew the evils of fake sugar (such as Splenda, which I swore by for a while!)and probably overdid it on all the fake sugar...I think Stevia is better and more natural and I think it also works in most of the recipes.
Best of luck- the first few days are killers...make it through those and it's not all that bad!
LOVE YOU!
Mandy

mandy schutt said...

Maris-
I was on the SB Diet for a long time. It worked well for me and I had great results, it also taught me a lot of good eating habits. I'd avoid the fake mashed potatoes, but liked almost all the other recipes. A little warning...I did it a few years back before I knew the evils of fake sugar (such as Splenda, which I swore by for a while!)and probably overdid it on all the fake sugar...I think Stevia is better and more natural and I think it also works in most of the recipes.
Best of luck- the first few days are killers...make it through those and it's not all that bad!
LOVE YOU!
Mandy