Monday, April 14, 2008

Too Tired to Blog...

I had an amazing weekend. I led worship (for the first time ever) at our OCC Women's Event Awake... While my spirit was awakened, my mind and body were drained. I am SO tired. I now understand why a long weekend of leading worship completely wipes out my poor husband...

Awake was amazing though. People came ready to engage, the women there were awesome, supportive and loving, and I have to say that my all female worship band rocked. They were great. I am not dying to lead worship again but it sure stretched me out of my comfort zone and we all need that once in a while.

As an added bonus, the women of Overlake were extra friendly on Sunday and I love that we all felt connected and energized. We laughed REALLY hard together and cried next to each other and that is the best way to bond. I had so much fun and feel incredibly honored to have been a small part of the weekend!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank YOU for such a wonderful weekend. And YES ... your band DID rock! I would have never guessed that you were out of your comfort zone. YOU GO GIRL!

Jodie Howerton said...

Marisa, time to take your act on the road! You ROCKED! Seriously, secret's out..you can lead worship!